Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh Jeez. What was I thinking?

At first I was really excited to read this book. I thought the side-by-side story of the architect and the serial killer would be an interesting and new experience. However, I find it really really hard to stay focused when I'm reading about the architect and his life when I could be reading about the next scam or twisted idea the serial killer is working up in his messed up yet clever mind. I'm not big into reading unfortunately. It's all I can do to get through a book for a.p. lit so if I can cut a few corners with my reading in etymology then I will. This leads me to reveal the fact that I will not be reading the whole book. Instead, and in order to help me actually get through the book, I will only be reading every other chapter about the serial killer. I don't know about you but if I had to pick which would be more interesting to read about--an architect and his desire to build a city, or a serial killer and his desire for murder without penalty--I'm definitely going to choose the story about the serial killer. And the fact that this book is fiction makes the life of the serial killer that more intriguing. I don't know why but I feel sick and twisted by saying all this but I also feel that because these events took place over a hundred years ago it practically is fiction to me. Hopefully now that I have lowered my standards (which I don't do too often) I will be able to enjoy the book rather than looking at it as a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment