Monday, January 31, 2011

What am I going to do?

Soooo I either have to describe my favorite website or my favorite book and I don't know what to do. Honestly, and this may sound shocking coming from a teenager, but I am hardly ever on the computer. It's true. I hate sitting down here in my basement on this thing. Especially late at night because the toy/storage room is right next to me and it always makes weird sounds and sometimes the door just randomly opens on its own. Not to mention my brother thinks its hilarious to sneak up behind me and scare the crap out of me after I've been reading a book about a serial killer. Anyway, the only reason I'm ever on this thing is to create new posts for this never ending blog or to check facebook like once a week and thats it. I'm busy enough as it is with homework, and work, and sports, and babysitting that I hardly find time to sleep. Therefore, its easy to understand that I don't have enough time to just roam the web and find awesome websites.

The second half of my dilemma is that I particularly don't like reading. This is probably due to the fact that I am to busy reading a book for a.p. lit and another book on top of that for etymology. I don't like reading to begin with. Reading one book for a.p. lit is hard enough let alone another one for etymology. By the time I get my other start homework, eat dinner, and then finish homework it's like nine o'clock already. And I'm one of those people where if I start reading that late at night I'm gonna be asleep in fifteen minutes. Or else I find myself re-reading the same paragraph over and over again because I'm in that state in between awake and asleep.

So after thinking about this I have decided to go with "describe your favorite book". My favorite book would have to be Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." I haven't actually read the book since Mr. Bray's sixth grade "language arts" class but I do remember it being really really good. If I remember right it is about these ten people staying at a mystery person's beach house on an island and one-by-one they are killed off. It may sound kind of gruesome for a group of sixth graders however the deaths were tasteful and the descriptions weren't too gory. I love murder mysteries so that plays a big role as to why I like the book so much. The more I sit here and talk about it the more I want to bring in down from the top shelf in my closet and crack it open. I may just have to do that for my next etymology book.

No comments:

Post a Comment